Why should I learn the Piano?
The Piano is an ancient, beautiful instrument which requires skill and commitment to master. You can play any piece on the piano, and the ability to play allows for many exciting opportunities.
You can go on to become a song writer, a classical pianist, a famous musician. It is a great life skill to have on a CV and helps tremendously when children are applying to secondary schools. However, most importantly, it is a skill few have, and gaining the ability to play the piano allows you an edge, and makes your friends very jealous.
Here are five benefits to learning the Piano:
- 1.Piano lessons help instil the ability for you or your child to concentrate, work hard and push yourself.
- 2.Learning the Piano helps improve creativity, music reading ability and skilled listening capabilities.
- 3.Playing the Piano can help you or your child become more in touch with your emotions, helping bring the music to life gives you a more profound sense of the emotion behind it.
- 4.When the inevitable happens, and you are asked to perform in public, your confidence and performance skills will improve tenfold.
- 5.And finally, as mentioned before, it’s an incredible skill to have. It will look brilliant on your CV and is a great party trick for later in life.
Every Instrument has its benefits and unique quirks, but the Piano is the ultimate all rounder. The ability to play means the ability to be artistic, creative. Even if it means sitting down and playing your favourite Beyonce song, its something not many people can do.
When I continue to revisit Bonham over the years I find it’s hard to pin down in simple terms exactly what his allure is, and why so many drummers rate him as the best. Of course he has a demonstrable high level of technical proficiency. But if it were all down to technique then maybe this sho…Read More
Why playing a Musical Instrument will change your life!
“Most people are fascinated to see someone play a musical instrument in an inspired way. We are moved by witnessing musical brilliance” (Steve Vai) The ability to play a musical instrument allows you to communicate in a new language, a language which can explore every aspect of human em…Read More
The King Is Dead
Thanks to modern technology and the sheer vastness of opinion out there what Im about to say probably won’t be that original or enlightening but it would be criminal to write a music blog and not acknowledge the passing of Chuck Berry. The king is dead. His reigned lasted a lot longer than t…Read More